Rendering Animations in Blender & Render Farm

I've finished an animation for which I'll post a preview soon, but it'll be virtually impossible to actually render and finish it until I look into accessing a render farm. The only problem is that even the best deals for renting a render farm would (at least to me personally) not be worth it for how infrequently I animate, which would be $50/mo. It'd probably work out to paying $50 per animation I finish. Even if there were people who might be interested in donating to help and get a render farm up to complete the animations, I couldn't justify taking money without being able to commit to providing content, which basically circles back to the first point.

There is an alternative solution however. Sheepit is a free-to-use, peer based render farm where users donate their CPU usage to collectively contribute to rendering animations. There's already a userbase where I could submit my animations immediately, but they'd be placed into a queue, and sheepit's TOS doesn't really mention anything about NSFW content being accepted so I don't know how that would pan out yet. There is also a feature however for "teams," where users can collaborate to work on one project specifically. If enough people who liked my work were interested in helping, I could theoretically create a team where you could contribute and help render a project. I couldn't pay anyone or really offer much in compensation, but maybe I could give incentives on rendering different camera angles, or different skins for overwatch characters (when valid), etc.

In the meantime, I'll continue creating new renders and animations. The animations I'll just have to stockpile on the backburner until there's enough of them that I could rent a render farm for a month to finish and release a bunch of animations at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment