Personal Update

Hi guys,

After some time in the job search after graduating I've finally gotten a full-time offer for a job. So I guess this carries some good and bad news. Good news being, I'll have an income to afford a better PC and maybe some side software. On the other hand, I'll have significantly less free time to make stuff. The bad news I think is kind of moot though, because the limitations I've had made me waste a lot of time I might not have with a better PC. One of the big issues, especially with animating, is being able to preview an animation in real-time, as well as having to render out images to test lighting, which even with low res renders still took me a lot of time it'd normally take professionals just several seconds.

In other news, I have been casually working on some other stuff. I've been working on making a little mini-comic with a few pages in the style of 'widow spread.' I'm also a decent amount of the way through another animation which I'm hoping to make both a normal 2D version, and then render out another in 3D stereo VR, which is something the world needs way more of IMO. I've canned working anymore on the widowmaker facesitting scene, and I have a couple of alternate scenes I had lined up for 'd.va wins' with different costumes like officer and cruiser d.va, but it's been shelved for now cause I've wanted to work on new things.

If anything is getting close to completion I'll post another update with a preview, hopefully with a better PC and in higher quality. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment